CONTEST CLOSED. Thanks to everyone who entered, we hope to see you in the Wine Capital of Canada soon!
We’re inviting our friends in Calgary to spend a weekend in the Wine Capital of Canada! Visit us on Facebook and give us a “like”, or sign up for our e-newsletter to enter to win. Spend two days immersed in winter in BC wine country. Bring a friend and enjoy a return flight from Calgary to Penticton via WestJet on Saturday, November 29. We’ll get you a rental car so you can make your way to Burrowing Owl Estate Winery, where you’ll stay for two nights in their beautiful guesthouse. Saturday night you’ll be escorted to the fourth annual Rosé Revolution at Hester Creek Estate Winery, a celebration of dry rosé paired with delicious bites. On Sunday, November 30 we’ll send you on a tour of Oliver-Osoyoos wineries, and Monday, December 1 you’ll head home. What could be better than a winter wine weekend, courtesy of the Oliver Tourism Association?
The prize package:
- two economy class tickets aboard WestJet, Calgary to Penticton on Saturday, November 29, 2014, return flight on Monday, December 1, 2014;
- two nights accommodation (one guestroom), at Burrowing Owl Estate Winery on Saturday and Sunday nights, November 29 and 30, 2014;
- car rental; pick up and drop off at the Penticton Regional Airport;
- two tickets to Rose Revolution on Saturday, November 29, 2014;
- a tour on LandSea Okanagan’s “Vixen Route” on Sunday, November 30; a 4-hour excursion visiting a total of five wineries to indulge in a range of food and wine tastings, highlights include food and wine pairing, live entertainment, a bonfire, dessert wine pairing, and a light up party.
The fine print:
- entry is by liking the Wine Capital of Canada Facebook page OR signing up for the Oliver Tourism Association e-newsletter; you may enter through both methods; repeat entry that results in spam activity will disqualify the entrant (note, this contest is not affiliated with Facebook);
- you must be 19 years or older to enter;
- the prize will be awarded as described, and cannot be exchanged for cash value nor for any other travel dates or events;
- the winner will be chosen at random from all entries received by 5pm Pacific time on Friday, November 21, 2014, and will be informed either via the Oliver Tourism Facebook page or email, and will have 24 hours to claim the prize;
- if the selected winner is unable to claim the prize, it cannot be transferred and will be awarded at random to another entry;
- the winner is responsible for his/her own transportation to and from Calgary International Airport, and any baggage fees incurred for travel on the specified flights;
- the Oliver Tourism Association shall not be held liable for: misdirected or lost entries; any injury, loss of property or wages, or loss of life incurred by the winner during the execution of the prize; unexpected travel delays for any reason, such as weather or airline delay; any damage or accident that occurs to the rental car provided ;
- the winner shall be required to verify his/her age upon claiming the prize, is required to sign a waiver, and consent to having his/her photo taken for marketing purposes and posting on social media.