Cultivate a moment.
We’ve got lots of them. Take one to savour a new favourite wine on a sun-soaked patio. Another to learn a new art form. Stare into the distance as the perfect swing sends your golf ball to the green. Or breathe crisp winter air atop a snowy mountain trail.
Like a good recipe, Oliver lets you play with the best of its ingredients to create the perfect stay in the Wine Capital of Canada. Take a dash of the outdoors, a measure of culture, combine with creativity and top with fresh fruit and air…perfection.
Each season in Oliver has its own flavour, you’ll want to try them all.
Enjoy a winter walk, or ice fishing on Vaseux Lake, and once the muscles tire, area wineries will tempt your palate with winter in wine country, from traditional mulled cider to a rosé revolution.
In the warmer months, mix your love of the outdoors with a hike, bike or marathon. We’ve even got one race that combines your run with wine. Be prepared to brag when you finish.
And if that’s not enough to impress your friends, a plethora of fishing holes — some of the best trout spots in the world — will surely help you craft and cultivate a good “one that got away” story.
Blame the big one’s escape on the distraction of your surroundings. Springtime blossoms, summer star-gazing, autumn vineyards, the reflection of winter ice.
It’s your Oliver moment. Savour it.
- On a warm summer evening, soak up songs at Music in the Park.
- Impress your friends with newfound chef skills. Take a cooking class at local winery.
- Photo buff? Hike McIntyre Bluff. See the sky and wildlife through your lens.
- There are 28,000 bird species around. Try to count a few on a hike, bike or kayak. You might spot an owl.
- Dance the night away at an outdoor concert at a winery, wine in hand.
- Catch the big one…or brag about the one that got away at some of the best trout fishing spots around.
- Pause on a winter hike, and listen to the snow fall.
- Improve your swing — the golf version, not the dance — at a nationally acclaimed course.
- Hit the ice on Vaseux Lake. Drop a fishing line or grab your skates.
- Cultivate a moment, or the makings of a fresh pie. Pick some juicy fruit, fresh from the tree.