Oliver is farm-to-table country.
From rejuvenating summer patio sipping to fortifying winter comfort food, Oliver is farm-to-table country. It’s where chefs tend vegetable gardens and sustainable is part of our culinary landscape.
Linger in the sunshine, savouring a decadent dessert – it’s likely the chef got those strawberries that morning from a farmer down the road. Gather your own bounty, scavenger-hunt style, and grill up a foodie adventure. Indulge in a hearty meal after a day on the slopes and wash it down with a pint of local microbrew.
In the Wine Capital of Canada it almost goes without saying – we’ve got a wine for that. Taste your way to the perfect picnic wine or discover that special bottle of Cabernet; whatever your pursuit, experience our terroir.
Whether it’s a gourmet meal prepared by a Red Seal chef, a midday break at the local bakery, or a visit to the Mexican grocer for that spice forgotten on the counter at home, Oliver’s diversity of flavours tempt any palate. Pair with more than 25 wineries, and it’s bon appetit time.
- On a warm summer evening, soak up songs at Music in the Park.
- Impress your friends with newfound chef skills. Take a cooking class at local winery.
- Photo buff? Hike McIntyre Bluff. See the sky and wildlife through your lens.
- There are 28,000 bird species around. Try to count a few on a hike, bike or kayak. You might spot an owl.
- Dance the night away at an outdoor concert at a winery, wine in hand.
- Catch the big one…or brag about the one that got away at some of the best trout fishing spots around.
- Pause on a winter hike, and listen to the snow fall.
- Improve your swing — the golf version, not the dance — at a nationally acclaimed course.
- Hit the ice on Vaseux Lake. Drop a fishing line or grab your skates.
- Cultivate a moment, or the makings of a fresh pie. Pick some juicy fruit, fresh from the tree.